The British and Commonwealth battlefield air trips are scheduled to depart from Goodwood at 9.00 hrs and arrive in France one hour later at 11.00 hrs (local time). After a full day in the region, the aircraft departs from Caen at 17.30hrs for a return to Goodwood at around 18.00hrs.
Upon your return to Goodwood there will be an opportunity to walk round a Spitfire that is usually hangered there (unless it is airborne at the time).
- Depart Goodwood for one hour flight over Normandy Beaches
- Arrive Carpiquet airport near Caen, Normandy
- Transfer to minibus or taxis for tour of WW2 beaches
- Visit 6th Airborne Division operations and LZs
- Visit Pegasus Bridge and visit at Cafe Gondree
- Picnic lunch with wine en route
- Tour Sword, Juno, and Gold Beaches
- Story of CSM Stanley Hollis VC on Gold Beach
- Visit Arromanches and the Mulberry Harbour
- Other visits to include a CWGC War Cemetery
- Return one hour flight to Goodwood from Carpiquet
- Onward travel to next destination