The American battlefield air trips are scheduled to depart from Goodwood at 9.00 hrs. and arrive in France one hour later at 11.00 hrs (local time). After a full day in the region, the aircraft departs from Caen at 17.30hrs for a return to Goodwood at around 18.00hrs.
Upon your return to Goodwood there will be an opportunity to walk round a Spitfire that is usually hangered there (unless it is airborne at the time).
- Depart Goodwood for one hour flight over Normandy beaches
- Arrive Cherbourg Airport in Normandy
- Transfer to taxis or minibus for a tour of US Sector
- Visit St Mere Eglise (82nd US Airborne Division)
- Refreshments and comfort stop in town centre.
- Visit Utah Beach and landing areas of 4th US Division
- Band of Brothers action (101st US Airborne Division)
- Picnic lunch with wine en route
- Visit Point du Hoc and see attack by US Rangers
- Visit Omaha Beach and hear about the first few difficult hours on D Day for 1st and 29th US Divisions
- Visit American War Cemetery near St Laurent
- Return one hour flight to Goodwood from Cherbourg
- Onward travel to next destination